Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome all Sippers!

Hello Sippers!

This is my first post and I am delighted to share with you my normal Saturday Sips, traveling sips, and wine experiences with new wine lovers. I have been doing this for several years now and I had a brief break as I battled some medical issues but I am back on the sipping trail!

I am also excited to share my adventures with you as well as keep you informed of events that I may attend, speak at, or just chill as I sip. Who knows? Maybe you can catch me one day and we can talk about wine.

Now, I am in the Washington Metro area but I do travel and in my travels I will share the wonderful (and not so wonderful wines) that I come across. Now, we know that what works for me may not work for you but I look out for those easy drinking wines and recognize those that need food, or simply cheese to be the best wines they can be in our mouths.

My taste buds. Well, I like light and heavy but normally your food and wine tastes are pretty comparable. We will get into this at a further date. I enjoy oak, smoky, deep, multilayered bouquets and tastes. I also delight in light, sweetly floral, well-balanced wines that can be just for sipping or with light fare. Heavier wines for gamey meats work well with me as well. I am a cognac drinker and an occasional cigar smoker...so a little weight does not scare me away. Either way, smooth, flavorful finishes work tickle my palate the best. The longer the better.

Consider me your personal wine consultant. Have a question about what wine to serve with a meal? Which wines should you keep around for entertaining or just for you to sip after work? Want to give a gift to someone and don't know what to chose? Send me your questions and I will answer you as quickly as I can.

So, by all means, keep this in mind and let's get sipping!

Salut!

The Sipping Sommelier.

No comments: